- Total Area: 920 Sq. km
- Developable Area: 567.39 Sq. Km
- High Access Corridor: City Center, Industrial, Logistic, Knowledge & IT, Recreation & Sports, Entertainment
- World-class infrastructure & connectivity: within & outside
- Central spine express way & Metro Rail to link the SIR with mega cities
- International Airport & Sea Port in the vicinity
- Proximity to mega cities: Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar, Vadodara
- Benefit of sea coast, nature park, golf course
- Premium civic amenities
- Capable to cater to both International & Domestic Market
- Logistic support of the Dedicated Freight Corridor (DMIC)
- Benefits of the high impact Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)
- Public investment in core infrastructure
Delhi – Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)
Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor is to be conceived as a Model Industrial Corridor of international standards on expanding the manufacturing and services base and develop DMIC as the ‘Global Manufacturing and Trading Hub’.
- Area under Influence- 14% & Population- 17% of the Country
- Total 82 Districts of Six States within the Influence Area
The Government of india is setting up a multi-modal Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) between Delhi and Mumbai. Out of the total 1483 kms of the length of DFC, 38% is falling in Gujarat. The area of 150 kms on the both sides of the DFC will be developed as DMIC.
DMIC in the State of Gujarat:
- influence Area : 18 out of 26 District (62% of the total area of Guajrat)
- Major cities on DMIC: Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat
- 1/3rd of total investment will be in Guajrat
- Gujarat’s ports to cater to foreign & hinterland markets
- World class connectivity between the Ports, nodes & DFC
- Six logistics parks being developed along the DFC
Dholera International Airport
Government of Gujarat has formed an SPV, Dholera International Airport Company Ltd. to facilitate the project in PPP mode with the help of Project Management Consultant according to the Greenfield Airport Policy of Government of India.
Dholera International Airport Company has obtained all the necessary approvals such as site clearance, environment clearance, in-principal approval and No objection clearance etc. from Government of India. Ministry of Civil Aviation has emphasized while granting in-principle approval to make Aviation Zone in land close by airport land.
Dholera International Airport project has been declared as an ‘Early Bird Project’ jointly by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Delhi – Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation and the Govt of Gujarat. Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation (DMICDC) has over 8% equity stake in DIACL.
Highlights of Dholera International Airport:-
- The airport is strategically located amongst the big cities of the state like Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Vadodara, Anand etc. while also connecting several international air routes.
- 1426 hectares of Government land has been reserved for Airport at Navagam Village of Dholera Taluka in Ahmedabad District.
- The measurement & demarcation of the site is carried out by District Inspector of Land Records.
- The site can accommodate two runways of 2910m and 4000m with parallel taxiways.
- Airport Authority of India has prepared the Feasibility Report, Detailed Project Report & EIA
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has also submitted a Detail Project Survey Independently.
- No Objection for construction of an International Airport from Ministry of Defence (MoD)
- Site Clearance for the project from Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA)
- Environment Clearance for the Project from Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change. (MoEF)
- In-Principle Approval from Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA)
The project will be developed in PPP Model adhering to the guidelines of the Greenfield Airport Policy of Government of India.
DMICDC is having equity stake in DIACL.